Our experienced rehabilitation team is committed to providing outstanding results and excellent quality of care. Residents are empowered through individualized programs to reach goals of increased independence and ability.
Our physical therapy team works toward specific goals of achieving the residents’ highest functional level of independence. Physical therapy focuses on identification and rehabilitation of individuals with physical impairment and pain, as well as future injury prevention. Following your evaluation, the physical therapist develops an individualized treatment program. The goal is to achieve safety in a variety of areas. Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a patient who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our occupational therapists use task directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities and independence with activities of daily living have been impaired by illness, injury or normal aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist our residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence- eating bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking
- Maintenance of wellness- dressing, grooming
- Prevention of further disability- home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Our treatment programs are designed to work with residents whose function in these areas has been affected due to stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders, as well as difficulties relating to hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions. Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills, like memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Patient and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing